What You Can do about it?
With the compliments of British Age Pensioner Alliance

Back to Home Page

Stirring the possum using all manner of publicity

What Can an Individual Frozen Pensioner do?

If you have not already done so, join BAPA or a British pensioner association in your own country.

If none exists in your country of residence, take steps to form a British pensioner association, then contact BAPA for the next step.


Recruit new members for BAPA or your national association.

Write to the DWP and claim Pension Parity. For information see writing.htm. The strategy here is to claim parity on the basis that you were never told about freezing until long after you first made contributions. Send a copy of your letter to the MP for the constituency where you last resided.

Here are some other ideas.

  • Write to Members of Parliament, whether you have the vote or not, at: House of Commons, London, SW1A SW0AA. If you know the name of the sitting member in your old constituency, address your letter to him/her personally. If you don't know the name of your current member, look at Guidelines for letter writers

  • Make them aware of your anger at being cheated
  • Ask them to ask a Parliamentary Question, or to sign a relevant Early Day Motion.
  • Have a look at Useful Links for UK government information sites.